Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Day 19, Budapest

So we stayed up and prayed through the night for the Muslims during their night of prayer. Im worn out today, but i believe it was worth it. God has been really working in me on my prayer life. I would get bored after a few minutes of prayer, but slowly God is giving me a heart for intercession, something that I really disliked before.

This morning we went into the city and had intercession around a Muslim mosque. We had to break into teams or three or four, and casually walk around to different areas to pray for the muslims, because they are a little hostile here, and we could be in danger if we weren't careful. One of the things God put on my heart for these people is their pride and hardness of heart. They are a proud religion, completely resistant to any belief but their own, and God put it on my heart that I was the one to pray against that spirit of pride, that spirit of resistance and hardness because i was familiar with that spirit in my own life before. It was an annointed time of intercession.

There are several things the Lord is doing in my heart and our work here. I can't wait to share it with you all.

Please pray: For group unity, that God would continue to break the bonds and shine truth into all the lies I have believed to be true, that He would bring people with open hearts to English Club so that we will have conversations that will come back to Him. Finances, both personally and for the base here. The leaders here stepped out in faith to buy a facility instead of renting one and need about 13,000 dollars (2 million forint) for the down-payment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nick,
It's good to hear what's goin' on over there. I'm excited to see what God's gonna do! I'm also excited to hear what happens when you end up going to India. I can't wait to see what you think of it!
Like I said before, I'm prayin' for ya.
Love ya!
~dingleberry, short and hairy